Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Thank You, Thank You and Thank You!

By Cynthia Price, Director of Communications

Just before Thanksgiving we began calling donors to thank them for supporting Christian Children’s Fund and our work with children. It was a way to say thanks during the holiday season.

I personally called about 100 donors. I’m not one to enjoy chatting on the phone, but the donors were great. Those I spoke with directly couldn’t believe I wasn’t asking for money – that I was simply calling to say thanks. One donor asked, “Are you sure you don’t want money?”

I laughed and said, “Nope, just wanted to say thank you and Merry Holidays!”

He laughed and said, “You can call me anytime!”

Most expressed concern about the economy and tough times but said they remained committed to sponsoring their child (or children). That was so rewarding to hear.

I heard from some about the snow in the northeast. Others talked about their personal losses this year, but that giving to others helped them.

We have great donors. Obviously we couldn’t reach them all. But if you’re reading this, “Thank you!”

No comments: